Gluten-free, sugar-free ... delicious!
Focaccia-Style Flaxseed Meal Bread
I altered this recipe but you can find the original here.
•1 cup flax seed meal
•1 cup gluten-free flour mix
•1 tbsp baking powder
•1 tsp salt
•1 tbsp artificial sweetener (OR Stevia would be a better option)
•2 eggs + 3 egg whites, beaten
•1/2 cup water
•1/3 cup canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Prepare pan (I used a brownie pan, about 9x9 inches) with parchment paper.
4. In another small bowl mix water, oil and eggs well. Add to dry mix and combine well.
5. Let batter set for 1 to 2 minutes to thicken up a bit.
6. Pour batter onto pan. You will get a more even thickness if you spread it away from the center, in roughly a rectangle an inch or two from the sides of the pan.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes, until it springs back when you touch the top and/or is visibly browning even more than flax already is.
8. Cool and cut into whatever size slices you want. You don't need a sharp knife, can use a spatula.
Then I made a veggie sandwich with it that included, vegan margarine, lettuce, portabello mushrooms, Dijon mustard, sunflower sprouts and an olive. Very good!