I had a fantastic long weekend, which was spent with my big sister and it was fun for me because I got to play host again, which I love! I made many meals for us that weekend but here are just a couple of our favourite:
Quick Spicy Thai Noodles Stir-Fry
1 cup rice noodles, cooked
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
2-3 medium carrots, sliced and chopped
5-6 mushrooms, chopped
1/4 firm tofu, cubbed
1/8 cup chopped cashews
1 can of coconut milk
1 tbsp of red curry paste
Lemon slices for garnish
1. In a frying pan, on medium-high, heat a bit of olive oil for about a minute. Add onions, cook for about a minute. Then add mushrooms and cook for another minute.
2. Add the rest of the vegetables and tofu and satay for about 2-3 minutes.
3. Meanwhile having brought a can of coconut milk to a boil, add the red curry paste to the milk and stir very well. Remove from heat and allow to sit a few minutes to thicken.
4. Turn the stove off and pour the red curry sauce over the vegetables. Can add a bit of salt and pepper to taste, optional.
5. Top off a bowl of cooked rice noodles with a good serving of vegetables and some sauce.
6. Sprinkle cashews on top and add a lemon slice.
Protein Berry Pancakes
3/4 cup rolled oats, ground
1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup egg whites
1-2 tbsp agave nectar
1/2 cup raspberries (or any berry of your choice)
1. Mix the ground oatmeal, cinnamon, flaxseed and salt together in a medium bowl.
2. Add the egg whites and agave nectar and mix together well.
3. Add the berries of your choice, mix well.
4. Add a teaspoon or so of vegan butter to a frying pan, on med-high heat to melt.
5. Add a scoop of batter, enough to make one pancake at a time. Cook at med-high just enough to flip once without burning. Best to cook one pancake at a time, unless you're a superstar pancake maker - I'm not! :)
Best served with fresh berries and 100% real maple syrup!