You be the judge!
I personally LOVED these Oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies even if they weren't loaded with white sugar and butter, I still found them very yummy, especially fresh out of the oven. I found the original recipe on: Recipe Girl and of course tweaked it to my liking ...
Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
1 egg + 1 egg white, lightly beaten
3 Tbsp maple syrup (or agave nectar)
1 Tbsp honey (sub this for agave nectar or maple syrup to be strictly vegan)
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup gluten-free flour
1 Tbsp ground flax seed
⅛ tsp baking soda
⅛ tsp baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
¼ tsp (heaping) ground cinnamon
¾ cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup or more of dark chocolate chips (or raisins or craisins to be vegan or healthier)
TIP: Be sure to add xanthan gum to your gluten-free flour mix, keeps it from falling apart!
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Mix egg, maple syrup, honey, oil and vanilla together in a bowl. Stir very well.
3. Combine flour, flax seed, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir very well, then add to the wet mixture and stir until blended.
4. Stir in oats and desired amount of chocolate chips. Let batter sit for about 5 minutes.
5. Scoop Tablespoonfuls of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10 to 11 minutes, until set and golden. Cool completely. Store in covered container.
Makes about 14 small cookies or 8 large cookies.
Nutrition Facts (chocolate or raisins are not included):
Amount Per Serving
Calories From Fat (33%) 44
Total Fat 5.01g
Saturated Fat 0.52g
Dietary Fiber 2.14g
Net Carbohydrates 17.73g