Saturday, July 9, 2011

Another Beautiful Day at the Market


I have tried very hard to make visiting the Farmer's Market a weekly tradition, usually occurring on weekends and almost always on Saturdays.  However, many busy weekends full of festivals, events and family and friend gatherings has kept me away from the market for some weekends - not that I am complaining - but it was wonderful treat to spend a long morning at the Brickworks Farmer's Market today.



Traditionally, I like to eat breakfast at the market - a baked good and/or a sandwich with a coffee but with my challenging diet choices (vegan, gluten-free, organic, etc.) it can sometimes be difficult to find something I can eat at the market.  Though, with everything being so fresh, local and organic it can be difficult to resist some of the fine non-vegan food available.

Today, however, I lucked out! I stopped by Hearty Catering's table and was happy to purchase a vegan and gluten-free fresh burrito! A little pricier then I like to spend on breakfast but well work it.  It was filling, flavourful and delicious.


My next and quite possibly most favourite stops at the market was Alli’s Fresh Baked Goods table (find her and her happy hubby at 1738 St. Clair West). Available are some of the best fresh baked breads, including gluten-free and vegan options but she is really best known for her cinnamon buns!


There I enjoyed a vegan/gluten-free brownie but I usually love to buy her nature cookies, hearty, healthy and yummy!


Ms. Scarlet had a marvelous time as well.  She not only got a 2-hour walk/run in but had the opportunity to scour the market grounds for food.  That is one happy puppy!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...