Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Packed with Power: Spinach Bean Dip

Enjoyed some healthy, power-packed Spinach Bean Dip this weekend long weekend.  A nice Summer snack with gluten-free corn chips,  I got the original recipe from Jae Steele's book, Ripe from Around Here.

The recipe is simple to make, just a few ingredients processed together including: 2 cups spinach, 1.5 cups cooked Lima beans, about 1/4 cup filtered water (or less), about 2-3 tbsp olive oil (I would recommend sesame oil for more flavour), about 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional - in this case I didn't have any), and salt/pepper to taste.  I think I would also add just a touch of cumin to this recipe but that's only because I add cumin to everything, I love it!

Her book is filled with lots of great vegan and seasonal recipes.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...