Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Thing About Vegan Burgers is ...


Vegan burgers don't generally hold together very well while eating them.  Especially since there is no egg, which works well as a binding agent, it can be tough to find or make a good vegan burger that doesn't crumble when you eat it!  My black bean burger were a good exception, I had finally found a recipe that makes tasty burgers that don't completely fall apart.


Normally I like to try and make my own vegan burgers but in cases when I can not, I like to eat Yves Garden Vegetable Patties., which are not only delicious but don't fall apart.

Another vegan burger eating solution: eat them in pieces and not in a bread bun. I cut the burger into quarters and enjoyed it with dragon sauce over a salad of greens, red cabbage and carrots on top of steamed jasmine rice.

2 comments:

Karlene said...

LOVE the look of this patty...I'll have to give it a try. I've just been reading about how good beans are for you. It's winter here so I may try it with a sie of veges. Thanks again :-)

Sarah-Lyn said...

Thanks Karlene!!

They are tasty, though I still do prefer homemade burgers because the store bought can have a lot of extra stuff that your body doesn't really need.

Beans are definitely a good option for burger patties :)

Cheers,
SL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...