Either way, you can still make this very yummy pancake brunch using any of your favourite in season fruits. I found this recipe online when I needed something, quick, easy, and vegan and something that my 13 year-old niece would like. So I took the recipe and added fruit and chocolate, because everything tastes better with chocolate.
A smiley face pancake for my niece, which, well, actually looks kind of creepy but the good intention was there! LOL
These pancakes were delicious and a nice treat that I wouldn't suggest to eating everyday but once in a while it's nice to treat yourself and/or your family.
Chocolate Strawberry Pancakes
See the original recipe here.
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
2. Mix in the soy milk and oil and beat together until batter is smooth.
3. Fold in the strawberries and chocolate chips until just combined.
4. Drop about a 1/4 cup of batter at a time onto a hot oiled griddle or well greased frying pan over medium high heat.
5. When bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake, approximately 2-3 minutes, flip, and cook the other side for a few more minutes.