Monday, July 2, 2012

30-day Juice Challenge

Book by Suzannah Olivier and Joanna Farrow
Before leaving for my trip in April I bought this great book full of fantastic juice and smoothie recipes.  Of course I didn't leave much time for myself to actually try any of them but  I knew I would enjoy many delicious shakes and smoothies in Asia. And I did!

So, because I love making fresh fruit and vegetable juices and since I enjoyed the ones I had in Southeast Asia so much, I decided to continue the trend.  For the month of July, I will be doing a 30-day challenge, that means, 30 days of at least one different juice or smoothie recipe a day (as a snack or small meal replacement).

I will share some of the drinks I make and my favourite recipes I try, also some tips and the benefits of juicing throughout.  So, let's get started ...



 To make this juice, I combined these vegetables: celery, carrots, apples, lemon, ginger, and spinach.
This combination made a very dark green juice, which to many (especially beginners) doesn't seem appetizing at all, but I assure you, it was delicious and so healthy! I call it mixed salad juice, just garnish with a couple apple slices and enjoy!

I have found that an easy way to keep juicing is to find new and interesting recipes to make.  Eventually you find your favourite fruit and veg combos and making them becomes second nature.
 
Want to try this challenge yourself?
I would love to hear your tips, favourite recipes, challenges, goals ... drop me a comment or two, or email me:
sarahlyn (dot) amaral (at) gmail (dot) com

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...