Monday, August 13, 2012

Urban Garden II: In My City


The Don Valley Brick works, possibly my most favourite place to visit in Toronto, is one of the best places to get your fill of nature in the city. I go there nearly every weekend to volunteer but it's also a great place to just hang out, bring your family and kids or to walk your dog through.  There is so much to enjoy and see in the area and Saturdays of course you can enjoy their Evergreen Farmer's Market.


One of my favourite things about the Brick works are the gorgeous outdoor gardens that surround the area and Chimney court.  This one above is especially pretty, full of fresh herbs and edible flowers.  Every weekend the kids get involved helping to water the garden.


I wish I had these containers for my garden!  Perhaps this photo doesn't due it justice but they are huge and chalk full of plant-life - tomatoes, variety of herbs, flowers, peppers - it's wonderful!


Another great place I enjoy visiting in the Summer is The Cutting Veg Farm.  This year Mike and I went for a day to help in the fields.  It was a good, long days work, hard work, but we loved it. It felt like the kind of work that people were meant to do; laborious but meaningful and fulfilling.

From behind the barn at The Cutting Veg Farm.

Mike helping out in the green house, tying up tomato plants.


The arrival of the new millennium provides an ideal opportunity to implement a positive vision for the future - one which draws together the peoples and
 nations of the world behind a common goal. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...