Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Food Filled Long Weekend


This was the last of my Summer lettuce and it was just so gorgeous I had to share it.  I grew three of these beauties and enjoyed them over the long weekend.

Also, more Summer BBQ salads I made for the long weekend ...

  
A delicious vegan Black Sesame, Avocado and Soba Noodle Salad, a recipe I got from Maple Spice ... and all vegan things nice! website.  Check out their website for more great vegan recipes!



And my own invention, Quinoa Tomato Salad, a delicious vegetarian dish I made for friends this past long weekend.

Quinoa Tomato Salad

2-3 cups cooked quinoa
1 pint of golden cherry tomatoes, sliced once
1 can of sliced black kalamata olives
1 pkg of goat feta cheese
3-4 tbsp of vinaigrette dressing

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Serve hot, room temperature or cool ... it's great any way!



This amazing brunch (pictured above) that my friend Kathryn made this weekend (I helped, only a little) definitely deserves honorable mention.  It was absolutely AMAZING! All vegan, all delicious, it included roasted mixed potatoes, tofu scramble with Daiya, spinach salad, and sauteed vegan sausage with tomato, mushrooms, spinach, and lots of spices.

It was a fabulous long weekend indeed!


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...