Thursday, September 20, 2012

Farm Roasted Vegetables: Welcome Fall Comfort Food!


My newest and possibly most delicious way of making roasted vegetables is this:

Step 1 - Gather together the most farm fresh produce you possibly can find or buy such as, red and yellow potatoes, carrots, onion, sweet potato, beets, garlic, etc.  All of my amazing produce these days comes from ManoRun Organic Farm.

Step 2 - Preheat the oven to about 425F. 


Step 3 - Chop all vegetables to the size of your liking (the smaller the size the quicker it will cook).

Step 4 - Season those vegetables with olive oil, a few dashes of sea salt and pepper, a handful of freshly chopped rosemary, oregano, and thyme.  I sometimes add a few dashs of garlic powder if I don't have fresh garlic on hand.  I eyeball how much I put in of everything so you can do the same, to your liking.

Step 5 - Roast in the oven for about 35-50 minutes.  The amount of time will depend on the size of the vegetables and on how crispy and golden you like them.

Wow, five easy steps, I didn't realize how simple this recipe really was and you will love it! It's a wonderful addition to your meal and a perfect comfort food to welcome in Fall this weekend!

Enjoy!


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...