Need a cookie/chocolate/banana fix? This recipe from Vegan Baking will certainly do the trick, it did for me and my friends ... and now I want more! They are amazingly delicious, oouy and goouy awesome!
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe originally from Vegan Baking, slightly altered.
1 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
1/4 cup cashew butter
1/4 cup almond butter
1 over ripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup almond milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips
1 1/4 cups rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. In a large bowl mix together the sugar, cashew butter, almond butter, banana, canola oil, almond milk, vanilla extract, and salt.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. In another large bowl, whisk together the rolled oats, whole wheat flour and baking powder.
5. Pour half of the dry ingredients into the bowl containing the wet ingredients and mix with a spoon until well incorporated. Add the remaining dry ingredients to the bowl containing the wet ingredients and mix as much as you can with the spoon.
6. At this point the dough will be so thick you'll probably need to mix it with your hands. Do this until the dough is well mixed.
7. Form into spoon sized balls and place on a lightly oiled or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
8. Squish cookies down to 1 inch height and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Do not over bake. Remove and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
9. Store the cookies in a covered container at room temperature for up to 1 week or in a freezer bag in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Makes about 18 cookies.