Wednesday, October 31, 2012

My Fun-Filled Halloween Weekend!


Halloween is always my favourite time of year, and like every year it usually involves me running around like a crazy person, trying to get everything done for our party right down to the last detail.  This year was no exception, we went all out and it was amazing!

The theme this year: Classic Scary Movies! My only regret, is that I didn't take better photos or get enough photos.  On the plus side however, we did capture a lot of video footage.  Nonetheless, the important thing is that everyone had a great time and the food was delicious.

Thankfully this year I had some amazing produce to choose from, from ManoRun Organic Farm, some pictured above: black radishes, baby carrots and young parsnips.


Our food table, with a film projector, crows, spiders, snakes, worms and more ... luckily, those were not  the edible bits.  What we did have on the menu: chocolate cupcakes, crackers and veggies with hummus, roasted root vegetables, nachos and salsa, sangria, figs, prunes, candied pecans, and of course, more chocolate!


I thought our sangria dispenser (in the far back of photo above) with fake floating fingers inside was a nice touch. The food I kept simple yet dark and delightful. I tried to use dark coloured food or orange to add some Halloween "creepiness" to the table. Example, black olives and prunes, blue nacho chips, roasted dark root vegetables, red beets, etc.


And no party would be complete without some cupcakes! Chocolate vegan cupcakes with orange colored vanilla icing.


An idea I learned from the Martha Stewart website: glue fake black spiders to toothpicks as added decoration to the table, or to be used for picking up finger foods.

I wish I had more to show, or recipes to share but it was a hectic week/end for me and unfortunately, as mentioned I didn't get as many photos as I had hoped.  Until next time ...


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...