Pizza is and forever will be my most favourite all-time food, in fact, my most favourite comfort food! Especially now that I have found an amazing and simple crust recipe that is light, soft and so delicious. No pizza party night must go without this crust recipe ... I don't know who Jay is but he sure knows his pizza crust.
Jay's Signature Pizza Crust
Original recipe from Allrecipes.com
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
1/2 tsp organic cane sugar
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and brown sugar in the warm water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the salt and oil into the yeast solution.
3. Add 2 1/2 cups of the flour to the mixture and mix until doughy.
4. Turn dough out onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky.
5. Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth. Let the dough rise until double; this should take about 1 hour.
6. After an hour, punch down the dough and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax for a minute before rolling out.
When the dough is ready, make for your favorite pizza recipe!
7. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). NOTE: If you are baking your pizza in a pan, lightly oil the pan, and let the dough rise for 15 or 20 minutes before topping it and then bake it.
9. Bake pizza until the cheese and crust are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.